Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ella the Little Mommy

I was taking a shower this afternoon while the girls were outside playing. Ella came in while I was in the shower and got Brenna's 'ket out of my bed. A few minutes later she came back into the bathroom and said, "OK. Brenna is down for her nap."

Wha'aat?

Brenna was acting tired, so Ella got her out of her swing and brought her inside the house. Ella took Brenna to her bed, found Brenna a doll and her 'ket, and tucked her in for her nap. Brenna got out of bed once and Ella said to her, "Brenna, get back into bed. It's your naptime." Astonishingly, Brenna went back to bed. By the time I got out of the shower, Brenna was snoozing peacefully.

I don't know if I should be worried that Ella was so easily in charge or proud that she was sweet to Brenna and responsible towards her at the same time. Honestly, I am most astonished that Brenna did what Ella said. She must have been REALLY TIRED!

2 comments:

The Bouldins said...

Milk it, baby! That's great! What a cute little Mommy :)

Unknown said...

SWEET!! See if Ella can do that with Morgan...wait...Ella trying to get Morgan into bed is not something I am prepared to deal with yet. LMAO.