Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Proud Moment

Ella had a friend over today,and they were making chocolate milk. I told them to not use too much chocolate syrup. Ella's friend said, "My mom always says the same thing! But then, when she's not looking I'm like..." And she pantomimed squirting the bottle really hard and for a long time.

Ella responded, "Oh, we're not allowed to do that. If we get caught doing something my mom has already told us not to do, then we get in even bigger trouble because I already KNOW it is wrong." I think a little sun beam shone down on her head at that moment. She does listen and choose to obey...at least some of the time. I've always known she wasn't a kid who hides things, but to hear her articulate her understanding of how sneaky behavior gets you in bigger trouble made me really proud of her. It's good to know that at least one of the lessons we are trying to teach her is sticking.

3 comments:

KenziKat said...

Ah, those shining examples of our good parenting ... wonderful!

Nitsan said...

Oh this is so cute!
The other kid have bad influence on her :P

Michelle said...

Maybe she will have a good influence on the other girl?
Cute story:0)